Killer Suzuki Bandit ‘Colonel Butterscotch’ by ICON 1000

An old Suzuki Bandit gets a new, modern retro take on life

Words and photos by Icon 1000

LIFE ISN’T ABOUT THE WINS. IT’S ABOUT THE CRASHES.

Anybody can win, but real winners are defined by their ability to lose and recover enough to race again. Such was the sordid tale of Colonel Butterscotch. Built, raced, wrecked, rebuilt, and raced again.

She started life as 1997 1200 Bandit; The ultimate econo-cruiser best suited for the middle-aged office commute. Replete with weathered saddlebags and festooned in bulk packed moto decals she came to the ICON garage. Her motor lineage placed the full-sized bandit in the rare company of Cooley and Schwantz; torque for days, smiles for miles.

Colonel Butterscotch Suzuki Bandit by ICON 1000

OVER A LONG WINTER, THE COLONEL WAS TRANSFORMED INTO A BUTTERSCOTCH’D BEAUTY FIT FOR LOCAL TRACK DAY GLORY.

Colonel Butterscotch Suzuki Bandit by ICON 1000 tail

And it was here that she smeared her lacquered bronze foundation across forty feet of Northwest asphalt. The late brake, inside pass seemed like a good idea at the time. In retrospect, it was asking a bit more than a 16″ front tire can deliver. We all crash shit on occasion, and for the most part, like Butterscotch, we can all be rebuilt.

Colonel Butterscotch Suzuki Bandit by ICON 1000 forks

Colonel Butterscotch Suzuki Bandit by ICON 1000 shock

Colonel Butterscotch Suzuki Bandit by ICON 1000 custom tail

An even longer summer followed. Old plastics binned, new plastics sourced; Bent suspension yarded and new bouncy bits fitted. Ebay pages were scoured for mundane factory bits to replace rashed components, while other trashed necessities were treated to more performance-oriented upgrades. Such is the way of motorcycles…and life. Six months later the reborn caramel captain rolled forth – reworked, reimagined, reborn.

OLDER, WISER, BUT STILL JUST AS SEXY

For ICON 1000, and those of our ilk, motorcycles are about the journey, not the destination. The difference is we prefer our journeys in six gear pinned.

Icon One Thousand: Web | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

About the author

Related

Comments

• yeezy boost 05/08/2019 at 5:13 am

I intended to compose you that bit of observation just to give many thanks over again for the lovely suggestions you’ve shared here. It was simply unbelievably generous of you in giving easily all that many people could possibly have marketed as an electronic book to end up making some money for their own end, chiefly seeing that you might have done it if you ever desired. These tactics as well worked as the easy way to be certain that other people online have a similar keenness like my very own to grasp much more when it comes to this condition. I’m certain there are some more fun times up front for individuals who read carefully your blog.
    yeezy boost [url=http://www.yeezy-boosts.us.com]yeezy boost[/url]

• yeezy boost 350 05/12/2019 at 10:40 am

My husband and i felt absolutely comfortable Raymond managed to do his investigation through the entire ideas he had out of the web page. It is now and again perplexing to simply continually be giving away secrets which usually many people could have been trying to sell. And we all recognize we’ve got you to give thanks to for this. The most important explanations you made, the straightforward website navigation, the friendships you can make it easier to engender – it is mostly extraordinary, and it is making our son in addition to us believe that this situation is thrilling, and that’s tremendously mandatory. Many thanks for all the pieces!
    yeezy boost 350

• SharonNes 05/13/2019 at 12:07 am

Perfect update of captchas breaking package “XRumer 16.0 + XEvil 4.0”:
    captchas breaking of Google (ReCaptcha-2 and ReCaptcha-3), Facebook, BitFinex, Bing, Hotmail, SolveMedia, Yandex,
    and more than 8400 another categories of captcha,
    with highest precision (80..100%) and highest speed (100 img per second).
    You can use XEvil 4.0 with any most popular SEO/SMM programms: iMacros, XRumer, GSA SER, ZennoPoster, Srapebox, Senuke, and more than 100 of other software.

Interested? You can find a lot of introducing videos about XEvil in YouTube.

FREE DEMO AVAILABLE!

Good luck!

• fitflops sale clearance 05/16/2019 at 5:59 pm

I in addition to my friends appeared to be analyzing the best guides on your web site while all of the sudden got an awful suspicion I never thanked the blog owner for those techniques. These people had been for this reason passionate to read them and now have without a doubt been making the most of those things. Many thanks for turning out to be really helpful and also for making a choice on varieties of nice themes millions of individuals are really desperate to understand about. Our own honest apologies for not expressing gratitude to sooner.
    fitflops sale clearance

• nike air max 05/21/2019 at 1:53 am

I really wanted to post a simple comment to express gratitude to you for all of the superb secrets you are writing on this website. My incredibly long internet look up has at the end been rewarded with good facts to exchange with my visitors. I would point out that we visitors are truly blessed to exist in a decent network with very many marvellous individuals with insightful guidelines. I feel very grateful to have encountered your webpage and look forward to some more fabulous minutes reading here. Thank you once more for all the details.
    nike air max

• off white clothing 05/25/2019 at 10:23 am

I want to express some thanks to the writer just for rescuing me from such a matter. Just after scouting throughout the online world and meeting tips which are not pleasant, I thought my life was well over. Being alive without the presence of strategies to the problems you have fixed as a result of your entire report is a serious case, as well as ones which might have in a negative way damaged my career if I hadn’t encountered your site. The mastery and kindness in touching the whole thing was invaluable. I am not sure what I would have done if I hadn’t discovered such a thing like this. I am able to now look forward to my future. Thank you so much for your expert and effective help. I will not be reluctant to refer your web sites to anyone who will need care on this subject matter.
    off white clothing

• james harden shoes 05/29/2019 at 1:43 am

A lot of thanks for each of your hard work on this website. My mum delights in carrying out internet research and it is easy to understand why. All of us notice all concerning the lively means you produce very helpful solutions via the blog and as well attract participation from some others on the article then my simple princess is starting to learn so much. Enjoy the rest of the new year. You have been doing a fabulous job.
    james harden shoes

• chrome hearts online 06/02/2019 at 10:01 am

I enjoy you because of all your labor on this web site. Kim loves conducting research and it’s really obvious why. Almost all hear all relating to the dynamic tactic you convey vital things through your web site and as well foster participation from other ones on the concern and my simple princess is certainly learning a lot. Take advantage of the rest of the new year. You’re the one performing a tremendous job.
    chrome hearts online

• yeezy boost 350 06/04/2019 at 11:46 am

I would like to express some appreciation to you for bailing me out of such a instance. Just after browsing throughout the world wide web and obtaining proposals which are not powerful, I figured my life was done. Existing without the presence of answers to the difficulties you’ve sorted out through your good website is a serious case, as well as ones that might have adversely damaged my career if I hadn’t discovered your blog. Your personal ability and kindness in playing with the whole thing was important. I am not sure what I would have done if I had not encountered such a thing like this. It’s possible to at this point look ahead to my future. Thanks a lot very much for this expert and effective guide. I won’t hesitate to recommend your web sites to anyone who desires guide on this area.
    yeezy boost 350

• moncler jackets 06/05/2019 at 11:33 pm

My spouse and i felt very relieved that Ervin managed to round up his inquiry by way of the ideas he came across through your web page. It’s not at all simplistic just to possibly be making a gift of helpful tips which often some others have been making money from. We recognize we have the blog owner to appreciate for this. The main illustrations you have made, the simple website navigation, the relationships you will give support to create – it is most fabulous, and it’s assisting our son in addition to us know that the idea is awesome, and that’s rather serious. Thanks for the whole lot!
    moncler jackets

• son dakika yalova haberleri 06/07/2019 at 8:11 pm

• son dakika sivas haberleri 06/09/2019 at 8:48 am

Sorry for the huge review, but I’m really loving the new Zune, and hope this, as well as the excellent reviews some other people have written, will help you decide if it’s the right choice for you.

• son dakika rize haberleri 06/09/2019 at 9:21 am

The new Zune browser is surprisingly good, but not as good as the iPod’s. It works well, but isn’t as fast as Safari, and has a clunkier interface. If you occasionally plan on using the web browser that’s not an issue, but if you’re planning to browse the web alot from your PMP then the iPod’s larger screen and better browser may be important.

• son dakika kırşehir haberleri 06/09/2019 at 11:28 am

The Zune concentrates on being a Portable Media Player. Not a web browser. Not a game machine. Maybe in the future it’ll do even better in those areas, but for now it’s a fantastic way to organize and listen to your music and videos, and is without peer in that regard. The iPod’s strengths are its web browsing and apps. If those sound more compelling, perhaps it is your best choice.

• son dakika kırıkkale haberleri 06/09/2019 at 12:03 pm

• konya son dakika haberleri 06/09/2019 at 12:33 pm

Zune and iPod: Most people compare the Zune to the Touch, but after seeing how slim and surprisingly small and light it is, I consider it to be a rather unique hybrid that combines qualities of both the Touch and the Nano. It’s very colorful and lovely OLED screen is slightly smaller than the touch screen, but the player itself feels quite a bit smaller and lighter. It weighs about 2/3 as much, and is noticeably smaller in width and height, while being just a hair thicker.

• kilis son dakika haberleri 06/09/2019 at 1:06 pm

Hands down, Apple’s app store wins by a mile. It’s a huge selection of all sorts of apps vs a rather sad selection of a handful for Zune. Microsoft has plans, especially in the realm of games, but I’m not sure I’d want to bet on the future if this aspect is important to you. The iPod is a much better choice in that case.

• kocaeli son dakika haberleri 06/09/2019 at 1:08 pm

• son dakika hakkari haberleri 06/09/2019 at 2:49 pm

This is getting a bit more subjective, but I much prefer the Zune Marketplace. The interface is colorful, has more flair, and some cool features like ‘Mixview’ that let you quickly see related albums, songs, or other users related to what you’re listening to. Clicking on one of those will center on that item, and another set of “neighbors” will come into view, allowing you to navigate around exploring by similar artists, songs, or users. Speaking of users, the Zune “Social” is also great fun, letting you find others with shared tastes and becoming friends with them. You then can listen to a playlist created based on an amalgamation of what all your friends are listening to, which is also enjoyable. Those concerned with privacy will be relieved to know you can prevent the public from seeing your personal listening habits if you so choose.

• son dakika giresun haberleri 06/09/2019 at 3:23 pm

• polo ralph lauren 06/09/2019 at 4:30 pm

I needed to write you the bit of note just to give many thanks yet again over the beautiful advice you’ve discussed in this article. This has been strangely generous of you to supply openly all many people would have offered for sale for an ebook to help make some dough for their own end, chiefly since you could possibly have done it in the event you decided. Those creative ideas likewise acted as a fantastic way to know that most people have similar dreams the same as mine to understand many more regarding this matter. I think there are several more enjoyable times ahead for folks who look into your website.
    polo ralph lauren

• eskişehir son dakika haberleri 06/09/2019 at 11:49 pm

Between me and my husband we’ve owned more MP3 players over the years than I can count, including Sansas, iRivers, iPods (classic & touch), the Ibiza Rhapsody, etc. But, the last few years I’ve settled down to one line of players. Why? Because I was happy to discover how well-designed and fun to use the underappreciated (and widely mocked) Zunes are.

• eski kadınların güzellik sırları 06/10/2019 at 1:44 am

If you’re still on the fence: grab your favorite earphones, head down to a Best Buy and ask to plug them into a Zune then an iPod and see which one sounds better to you, and which interface makes you smile more. Then you’ll know which is right for you.

• çankırı son dakika haberleri 06/10/2019 at 2:56 am

• bayburt son dakika haberleri 06/10/2019 at 3:31 am

• son dakika bitlis haberleri 06/10/2019 at 3:32 am

• burdur son dakika haberleri 06/10/2019 at 4:11 am

• son dakika bolu haberleri 06/10/2019 at 4:44 am

• gaziantep son dakika haberleri 06/10/2019 at 5:53 am

Apple now has Rhapsody as an app, which is a great start, but it is currently hampered by the inability to store locally on your iPod, and has a dismal 64kbps bit rate. If this changes, then it will somewhat negate this advantage for the Zune, but the 10 songs per month will still be a big plus in Zune Pass’ favor.

• son dakika amasya haberleri 06/10/2019 at 7:14 am

• adıyaman son dakika haberleri 06/10/2019 at 7:47 am

• yerli otomobil 2019 06/10/2019 at 8:21 am

• 2019 teknoloji haberleri 06/10/2019 at 9:06 am

I’ll gear this review to 2 types of people: current Zune owners who are considering an upgrade, and people trying to decide between a Zune and an iPod. (There are other players worth considering out there, like the Sony Walkman X, but I hope this gives you enough info to make an informed decision of the Zune vs players other than the iPod line as well.)

• çankırı son dakika haberleri 06/10/2019 at 10:56 am

• adidas superstar shoes 06/12/2019 at 11:10 pm

I am glad for writing to let you be aware of what a superb encounter our child found reading your webblog. She came to find some things, which include what it’s like to possess an incredible coaching character to have a number of people smoothly grasp specific advanced issues. You actually did more than visitors’ expected results. Thanks for distributing such informative, dependable, explanatory and even fun thoughts on this topic to Kate.
    adidas superstar shoes

• vn hax 06/16/2019 at 9:31 am

I must say, as a lot as I enjoyed reading what you had to say, I couldnt help but lose interest after a while.

• node 06/17/2019 at 12:13 am

I wanted to post you the little bit of word to give many thanks over again considering the precious knowledge you’ve provided in this article. It’s so wonderfully generous with people like you to deliver without restraint precisely what a number of people could possibly have supplied as an electronic book to end up making some money for themselves, mostly seeing that you might have tried it in the event you desired. Those basics in addition worked as the easy way to recognize that other individuals have the same keenness the same as my personal own to understand a great deal more around this matter. I believe there are some more fun occasions up front for many who take a look at your blog.
    node%3F

• proxo key generator 06/18/2019 at 10:04 pm

Cheers, great stuff, Me enjoying.

• 카지노사이트 06/19/2019 at 2:08 am

the example of the site that we should imitate you will find here what you are waiting for so do not be doubted as you try to let you trust me
    카지노사이트

• 바카라사이트 06/19/2019 at 2:13 am

Actually why you’re still having a hard time if everyone has a way but if the strategy is what you are waiting for on my blog and making it easy for you to trust
    바카라사이트

• 카지노사이트 06/19/2019 at 2:16 am

being a blessing is a blessing to a person but not all of you are wise to bless yeah well you do not have any strategy in life that your intellect is so I want you to talk to my site and teach you the right person
    카지노사이트

• 바카라사이트 06/19/2019 at 2:19 am

birthday is my baby girl who is so nice to give me baby girl 3 years old that she wants to be happy with her birthday helped me if it’s a good gift xa him comment my blog come visit
    바카라사이트

• 카지노사이트 06/19/2019 at 2:22 am

everything is a cause so you do not give up on all the trials because it will not give you a god if you can not be so confident to the height and you will not neglect it
    카지노사이트

• 457F3C47-96BA-479F-926C-9F292B9DB1DA 06/20/2019 at 4:43 am

I together with my buddies have already been following the great solutions found on the website and quickly got a terrible feeling I had not expressed respect to the site owner for those strategies. The boys happened to be certainly excited to see all of them and have absolutely been taking pleasure in these things. Appreciate your genuinely simply considerate and for figuring out varieties of smart guides millions of individuals are really wanting to discover. Our own honest apologies for not expressing appreciation to sooner.
    457F3C47-96BA-479F-926C-9F292B9DB1DA

• vn hax pubg mobile 06/20/2019 at 7:11 am

Ni hao, here from yahoo, me enjoyng this, i will come back soon.

• steveclarke 06/20/2019 at 4:07 pm

*A blog like yours should be earning much money from adsense..-.,” Life Experience Degree

• nonsense diamond download 06/20/2019 at 8:21 pm

Enjoyed reading through this, very good stuff, thankyou .

• star valor cheats 06/23/2019 at 5:55 am

stays on topic and states valid points. Thank you.

• gx tool pro 06/24/2019 at 4:01 am

Cheers, here from yanex, me enjoyng this, i will come back soon.

• Explain Like I’m Five 06/24/2019 at 5:45 pm

Deference to op , some superb selective information .

• qureka pro apk 06/25/2019 at 8:41 am

Ha, here from google, this is what i was searching for.

• skisploit 06/25/2019 at 7:21 pm

Deference to op , some superb selective information .

• ispoofer activation key 06/26/2019 at 6:53 pm

I conceive you have mentioned some very interesting details , appreciate it for the post.

• synapse x serial key 06/27/2019 at 9:38 am

• strucid aimbot 06/27/2019 at 8:10 pm

Good Morning, happy that i found on this in google. Thanks!

• serial advanced systemcare 11.5 06/28/2019 at 2:37 am

bing got me here. Cheers!

• see pron 06/28/2019 at 12:15 pm

9STNtm On every weekend, we all friends together used to watch show, because fun is also necessary in life.

• cryptotab hack script free download 2019 06/28/2019 at 9:57 pm

Some truly wonderful stuff on this web site , appreciate it for contribution.

• cryptotab balance hack script v1.4 cracked by cryptechy03 06/29/2019 at 4:18 am

• xf autodesk 2017 06/30/2019 at 10:13 pm

I was looking at some of your articles on this site and I believe this internet site is really instructive! Keep on posting .

• Mamie Eskaf 07/01/2019 at 12:03 am

You need to take part in a contest for among the best blogs on the web. I will advocate this website!

• codes for mining simulator 2019 07/01/2019 at 9:00 am

I like this site because so much useful stuff on here : D.